Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sara Williams 030


"I work in the busiest ER in the state. Death is a constant visitor. I think about the thousands of people who have taken their last breath in this trauma room. I think of the overhead light as a portal and they gravitate towards it has we poke and prod them with every tube, line and drug known to keep a person alive. I think about who their families and friends are. What they did for work or hobbies. What were their plans for that day and what were they doing at the moment that they needed to come to the hospital. I look at what they have on or what the paramedics haven’t cut off and think surely they didn’t believe that today was the day that Death would be calling. No one every does. Maybe they invited Death to stop by or someone else invited Death to come visit."

blog
email

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.