Saturday, March 5, 2011

Lisa Iversen 026

in this post, the card IS also the memento

"Received this card from KitePost, who introduced me to artistamps and mail art. I met him at a Kitemakers Workshop weekend on the west coast. He was teaching a class about kites and artist stamps, and the class produced an artistamp sheet. His photography has been featured in many kite publications, and his stamp sheets are held by galleries and private collections. He liked my work and shared mail art resources with me. He could be so funny... he'd make up hilarious dialog when watching films with the sound off, I remember laughing during a Bruce Lee film until I had tears in my eyes."

"We lost touch after I moved several states away. He died six years after I received the card. A talented photographer, artist, and teacher, the world lost a bright spark when KitePost died."

email
blog

N. Manchester, IN, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.